Monday, August 30, 2010

Insert a Good Title Here!

Well, today was not very exciting. I was glad that it didn't rain today, but I never went outside so I guess that doesn't matter. I am pretty much done with my homework for the next week. All I have to do is pick up a reading tomorrow. (I hope my prof is in his office when I go.) I guess I also have to interview some Norwegians about a topic that I have to give a presentation on in Norsk a week from tomorrow. I hope that will go alright. I have been listening to the radio a lot here still and starting to watch some TV during the day too. This afternoon, I watched the Norwegian version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." I actually knew a lot of the answers. For some reason though, a lot of them were about America. Such as "In what city is the Empire State Building?" Maybe I should try to go on it and see if I can win some kroner!

I am kinda missing Luther at the moment because tonight is the first Student Activities Council (SAC) Spotlight event. For any of you that don't know about SAC Spotlight, it is the group that brings bands, comedians, magicians, and things like that to the Luther Campus. And I am one of the co-chairs this year. Fortunately, we have all of our events this year booked already so we don't have to try to do that, but I still wish that I could see the events themselves. This year, we are planning on putting on about seven shows. I miss the first four. :( But I am really looking forward to getting back and being able to participate again in this, the technology helpdesk, and also the Black Student Union (BSU), and hopefully International Student's Association and Allies (ISAA). 


Well, I guess that is about all I have for now. I enjoy reading all the comments too! (Ok, so I guess I like it when Mom or Dad writes comments once in a while. :D )

2 comments:

  1. comment from mom :)

    can you have anonymous comments, I can on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron,

    I sure am enjoying hearing about your life in Norway. Carl and I are jealous as we have always wanted to venture overseas, but doubt we will get that way any time soon. Love seeing your photos and glad you are immersing yourself in the Norwegian lifestyle - what a great experience. Hope you get back to the States before you have to climb 'the hill' in the winter - but I would guess winter may come early there!! :) Of course, you had practice at home on your own hill (driveway), didn't you?!? Reminds me of when I went to Banking School in Seattle at UW (Univ of Washington) - the 'hills' there were mountains. It was tough getting to class climbing mountains. But sure got fit in a couple weeks of that!

    Have fun. Meet some great Norwegians. And maybe become a millionaire!!! Now that would be a great end to a great trip! Keep up the posting. And good luck in your studies.

    Sharon and Carl
    aka Cousin Lee

    Did you know your mom was named after me (Sharon Lee - Linda Lee?) Well, I don't know for sure, but I always liked to think that!!

    ReplyDelete