Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Flurries in the Forecast.

Well, the weather is becoming more and more winter-like as the days fly by. I keep blogging about how fast time is flying, but it is true. Also, it is now dark out and it isn't even 5pm yet. This getting dark so late is throwing me off because I am getting hungry way before supper and feel like I should be eating since I has been dark for a while.
I received my third care package from mom today. It is great to have a little taste of America and to see packaging in English! Nah, I do like to read the Norwegian packaging. I wanted to send a care package home until I realized how much they actually cost to just ship. Pretty much double what mom pays to send things to me. Crazy!
I have a presentation in Norwegian on Thursday and I am not looking forward to it. It is about a political party here in Norway. They actually have a lot for being a smaller country. We are not supposed to use any type of notes when we present and it is supposed to be ten minutes long! Oh, and did I mention that it is all in Norwegian? Well, at least we are not graded on it and my class is pretty small, but it still makes me nervous to get up and present like that. But having Mr. Davis back in seventh grade helped me to become a better speaker. I would hate to see where I would be now without that class. Thanks Mr. Davis! But yea, other classes are not too bad. I have to give two presentations and write two more papers to finish up with my other classes. And for my Norwegian finals, we have a written section on one day and then two days later, we have an oral section. I hope they both go well. Just try to practice when I can I guess. It will all be over soon. :)
I have started to reread the books that we read for my Film and Fiction class here in Norwegian. I read them in English the first time, but since I am getting credit for my Norwegian degree at Luther, I feel that I should get through them in Norwegian too. My goal is to finish the first one tomorrow. Only 30 more pages!
I am trying to decide what I want to do once I finish exams here. I will have almost two weeks with no class and no tests before I fly back to the states. Any suggestions? If you really want to make me happy, you are welcome to find the cheapest flight and hotels for me too. :D
Sorry I don't have any new and exciting pictures to put up, I haven't done anything too special except to go to class. Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Did u ever try to find where our great grand parents came from? That's probably a long drive for u to take? Just don't look in Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your presentation on Norwegian political party went well. Sure wish we had a group of partys to choose from over here. Not a great election result for this country, nor the world. Wish more of the U.S. was well educated enough to vote responsibly. Oh well!

    If you do find out where your great grand parents came from, and can get there, see if you can find out where they were married and/or buried and find the church and/or cemetery. May be a bit tricky now with the snow. But can be a neat adventure. Then talk to the locals and you may be surprised who may know your ancestors, and who may actually be your cousins over there!

    Enjoy your time off after classes. Am sure you might find some more museums of interest. Have you visited any churches yet? That would be a great experience also.

    Can't wait to see you when you get back home and hear your stories first hand.

    Cousins Sharon and Carl

    ReplyDelete